D1 Resources is looking for highly motivated and experienced fabricator/welder to join our team.
Perform welding and fabrication in our shop and when needed work off site to install, repair, replace and/or dismantle equipment and structures.
* Perform fabrication, such as cutting and welding to make finished product.
* Follow instructions and read blueprints or schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
* Tack-weld fitted parts together according to blueprints.
* Align and fit parts using hoists, jacks, wedges, drift pins and pry bars according to specifications.
* Position, align, fit and weld parts following blueprints, to form complete units.
* Use grinding and thermal cutting operations to obtain various textures and sizes for metal parts.
* Remove high spots and cut bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torches.
* Verify conformance of work pieces to specifications using squares, rulers and tape measures in accordance with blueprints.
* Understand drawings and directions to determine material requirements and task sequences.
* Examine metal stock or work pieces to be processed to ensure that specifications are met.
* Plan work and solve problems.
* Maintain good working knowledge of the welding characteristics of metals such as carbon steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
* Ability to TIG, MIG & STICK weld.
* Previous weld certification preferred but not required.
* Must be able to use the following tools:
* Blow torches, hand torches, welding torches, cutting torches.
* Gauges or inspection fixtures.
* Power tools, grinders, drills, impacts.
* Punches, nail sets or drifts.
* Ability to read, interpret and work from blueprints, sketches and other specifications with proficiency.
* Basic Knowledge of abrasives, conditions of metal and finish are necessary.
* Be able to work safely at heights.
* Ability to adapt to changing work priorities, be attentive to detail, meet deadlines and schedules and work extended or standard hours.
* Follow all safety policies and procedures.
* Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
* Use Logical step by step procedures in work.
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen
*Work Environment: Exposure to atmospheric conditions, such as dust, fumes, noise and high-degree varying seasonal temperatures.
Machinery with energy sources including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical, thermal or other energy.
* Coordinate eye-hand movements.
* Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
* Climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding or high structures.
* See and hear well (either naturally or with correction)
* Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
* Stoop, lay, bend or square for long periods of time.
* Competitive wage, depending on level of experience
* Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance after 60 days
* Paid vacation after one year
Intrested in a career with D1 Resources, Inc.?